Stop putting in your time.
At LifeLearn, we’re a progressive and creative team of people who care deeply about what we’re doing to help advance animal health and education worldwide. We believe that great ideas can come from anyone, and encourage every team member to contribute, address problems, make decisions, and grow in an environment of mutual respect. If you’re cool with fresh fruit, snacks, and unlimited coffee and tea, we have you covered. And we’re a pet-friendly workplace.
Careers at LifeLearn Animal Health
LifeLearn Animal Health is seeking a curious, dynamic, detail and business oriented Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) to support the business cross-functionally. This is a 14 month contract to help cover for a maternity leave within the lean/agile Finance Team and is a newly created role. Reporting to the CFO, the duties of the SFA will focus on reporting, modeling, and analysis – working with all levels in the organization – and supporting the Controller through a billing system implementation go-live in late 2020. This is a fast-paced role that needs an independent quick learner who is willing to work on the day-to-day tasks in a small finance team and take an all-hands on deck approach when required.
- Consolidate, analyse, and provide insights into weekly Senior Leadership Team reporting
- Support Controller with month-end, including but not limited to analysis and reporting
- Support Controller with billing system implementation and related process development/stabilization
- Assist with process development to ensure data quality is maintained from source to reporting
- Develop new, and improve existing, financial and management reporting and analysis systems
- Support company budgeting and forecasting
- Develop driver-based financial models and reporting, as directed by the CFO
- Ad hoc analysis and support as required by the Controller or CFO
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field
- A CPA designation
- Advanced Excel skills
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in financial analysis, preferably in a full cycle accounting role
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls
- Previous experience working with Salesforce is an asset
- Previous experience working with or supporting a Senior Leadership team is an asset
- Previous experience working in a subscription business is an asset
- Previous experience working in a custom project-based business in an asset
- A Self-Starter who is able to work independently and report back periodically
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- High level of integrity and excellent work ethic
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Customer service and continuous improvement mentality
Perks of the Job:
- Due to COVID-19, Lifelearn has implemented alternative working arrangements to ensure that our people stay safe. These consist of remote working, virtual training, video interviewing, and access to webinars and virtual events
- Work-life balance — we understand the importance of balance. We offer flexible start times and the option to work from home
- Pet-friendly environment — we regularly have furry friends in the office
- Interaction with internal team as well as customers/clients
- Extended periods of sitting
- Operation of desktop computer and peripherals
- Occasional overtime
- Working in an office environment
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume. All applications should be directed email@example.comWhile we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodation Requirements. LifeLearn is committed to providing an accessible workplace, in support of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005) (“AODA”), the Human Rights Code (RSO 1990) (“HRC”) and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation 191/11 (“IASR”). Should an applicant require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process or as an employee during subsequent employment, the individual is invited to communicate and discuss their requirements with LifeLearn’s Human Resources representative. LifeLearn will provide, or arrange to have provided, reasonable accommodation specific to the applicant’s or employee’s accessibility needs.
LifeLearn is committed to providing an accessible workplace, in support of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005) (“AODA”), the Human Rights Code (RSO 1990) (“HRC”) and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation 191/11 (“IASR”). Should an applicant require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process or during subsequent employment, the individual is invited to communicate and discuss their requirements with LifeLearn’s Human Resources representative. LifeLearn will provide, or arrange to have provided, reasonable accommodation specific to the applicant’s or employee’s accessibility needs.
Note to Third-Party Recruiters
If you are a third-party recruiter, please do not contact us. While we understand and appreciate the valuable service that third-party recruiters provide to individuals seeking employment, LifeLearn has its own hiring processes when positions with LifeLearn become available.