Stop putting in your time. Start enjoying it.
At LifeLearn, we’re a progressive and creative team of people who care deeply about what we’re doing to help advance animal health and education worldwide. We believe that great ideas can come from anyone, and encourage every team member to contribute, address problems, make decisions, and grow in an environment of mutual respect and personal empowerment. If you are looking to join a team that thrives on collaboration, is passionate about what we do, and always strives for excellence, we want to hear from you.
Under the direction of the VP of Operations, and the Web Design Team Lead, the Web Designer will be primarily responsible for the completion of assigned projects, including website and graphic design, logo creation and the development of creative solutions to address overall design, navigation and layout of content on assigned projects. This position will follow the website development process, and project management fundamentals to determine timelines and estimates for completing web projects. This role will also design user interface components for a range of products in order to provide a user experience that is intuitive, productive, exciting and aesthetically appealing.
- Drive design and production for multiple clients and project types concurrently
- Work with project stakeholders and senior team members to ensure UX/UI and visual designs meet functional and business requirements
- Design custom logos, websites, and digital or print assets and associated style /brand guides
- Perform thorough QA and documentation on assigned projects, and those of your peers
- Maintain awareness of Design/UX industry trends and best practices and provide strategies and ideas for on-going improvements
- Liaise with stakeholders to identify design requirements and content
- Develop and propose creative solutions that address overall design, site navigation, and layout of content
- Create website development plans to determine timelines and estimates for completing web projects
- Design user interface concepts for a range of products in order to provide a user experience that is intuitive, productive, exciting, and aesthetically appealing
- Apply user experience and design principles to the creation and development of Web applications
- Assess and document the requirements of end-users
- Degree or diploma in web design, or a field related to the industry
- Two years of related experience
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to effectively communicate your creative process, thoughts, ideas and a point of view on your work
- In depth experience with WordPress
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Highly proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of colour theory, layout, and design principles
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
About LifeLearn Animal Health
LifeLearn Animal Health provides education and communications products and services to the veterinary profession and animal health organizations. LifeLearn’s award-winning competencies in digital media, combined with longstanding veterinary content expertise, have delivered sophisticated offerings to veterinarians to optimize their practices, including: WebDVM, custom veterinary websites; ClientEd; client education resource; and Sofie, the advanced veterinary medical search tool. LifeLearn has been named one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by Growth 500 from 2015 to 2019.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their time, however we will only be contacting those individuals that we wish to interview.
LifeLearn is committed to providing an accessible workplace, in support of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005) (“AODA”), the Human Rights Code (RSO 1990) (“HRC”) and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation 191/11 (“IASR”). Should an applicant require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process or during subsequent employment, the individual is invited to communicate and discuss their requirements with LifeLearn’s Human Resources representative. LifeLearn will provide, or arrange to have provided, reasonable accommodation specific to the applicant’s or employee’s accessibility needs.
Note to Third-Party Recruiters
If you are a third-party recruiter, please do not contact us. While we understand and appreciate the valuable service that third-party recruiters provide to individuals seeking employment, LifeLearn has its own hiring processes when positions with LifeLearn become available.